Choosing a Contractor Accountant can be a difficult process - what should you look for, what are the main differences between the different specialist firms and why should I choose one firm over another?
One of the best ways is to get recommendations from other freelance contractors. Most will be all to happy to give you a real review of the services they receive and the amount they pay, then you can look into the finer details yourself to make sure you are happy with the recommendation.
If however this is not possible then here is a list of 10 questions you need to ask to find the right Contractor Accountant:
1. Why do I need an accountant anyway?
2. Why use a specialist contractor accountant instead of my local accountant on the high street?
3. Do you get a full review of your personal circumstances and what is best for you – not simply a one size fits all service?
4. Are there sign up fees or leaving fees – don’t just look at the monthly fee, what extras do they charge?
5. Do they understand IR35 and can you actually rely on their contract reviews – small print is crucial.
6. Do you get a dedicated accountant who you speak to when ever you need to or is it a call centre of unqualified staff?
7. Do they lock you into a long term contract?
8. Online bookkeeping or spreadsheet based?
9. Can you meet your Contractor Accountant?
10. Are their awards actually worth anything?
The answers to these questions and more detail as to why each question is important can be found on our Contractor Accountants page - this will give you a full understanding of what is important.
To compare prices take a look at our How We Compare page for a detailed look at what is included in each Contractor Accountants fees.
To join The 123 Way simply click here.