Choosing a Contractor Accountant can be a difficult process - what should you look for, what are the main differences between the different specialist firms and why should I choose one firm over another?
One of the best ways is to get recommendations from other freelance contractors. Most will be all to happy to give you a real review of the services they receive and the amount they pay, then you can look into the finer details yourself to make sure you are happy with the recommendation. Over 90% of the clients we take on are through referrals from current clients.
If however this is not possible then here is a list of 10 questions you need to ask to find the right Contractor Accountant:
1. Why do I need an accountant anyway?
2. Why use a specialist contractor accountant instead of my local accountant on the high street?
3. Do you get a full review of your personal circumstances and what is best for you – not simply a one size fits all service?
4. Are there sign up fees or leaving fees – don’t just look at the monthly fee, what extras do they charge?
5. Do they understand IR35 and can you actually rely on their contract reviews – small print is crucial.
6. Do you get a dedicated accountant who you speak to when ever you need to or is it a call centre of unqualified staff?
7. Do they lock you into a long term contract?
8. Online bookkeeping or spreadsheet based?
9. Can you meet your Contractor Accountant?
10. Are their awards actually worth anything?
The answers to these questions and more detail as to why each question is important can be found on our Contractor Accountants page - this will give you a full understanding of what is important.
For a free initial consultation and advice, give us a call on 0845 834 0269 or 0203 318 3024 or drop Christopher an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
To join The 123 Way simply click here.