Business Development Manager
C M J Accountancy Ltd
C M J Accountancy is a boutique accountancy and taxation advisory based in Clapham London. The firm was founded in 2009 and has during this time grown rapidly with a loyal and strong client base. We work across a number of industries and specialize in advising freelance contractors through our second trading name 123 Contracting.
To develop new relationships and business referrals from recruitment agencies and affinity partners.
To highlight and identify new sources of business outside the agency arena.
- Understand traditional and new market sectors that 123 Contracting operates in, in order to identify trends and opportunities that will maximise business growth.
- Promote / sell 123 Contracting services within traditional and new market sectors.
- Plan and develop strategies and tactics to enhance existing relationships with agencies in traditional and new market sectors.
- Identify and establish profitable relationships with key agencies, end clients, customers and prospective customers operating in new market sectors.
- Identify and develop profitable relationship with key industry body partners, generating growth through affinity marketing propositions.
- Increase sales and enhance customer retention through presentations, provide technical advice, guidance and support to key agencies, end clients, customers and prospective customers operating in traditional and non traditional market sectors.
- Promote the use of agency preferred supplier lists ( Ltd Co & Umbrella)and secure 123 Contracting inclusion on respective PSL's. Develop strategies to increase growth through key agency PSL's.
- Plan, arrange and host site visits, workshops at key end client sites for existing and potential 123 Contracting customers.
- Have involvement in sales channel strategy reviews, identifying opportunities and threats to current strategy and provide cost effective solutions.
- Frequently measure and critically evaluate outcome of strategies / tactics adopted top drive growth through agreed channels to market.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports and objectives in accordance with set timescales.
- Partake in miscellaneous company wide (internal) strategy initiatives.
- Host hospitality events for selected guests.
- Undertake training as and when required and be receptive to it.
- Any others duties that are deemed necessary to support the business as and when required.
Working within the Senior Business team, the role holder will report to the Managing Director.
The role holder will have extensive verbal contact with customers, agencies, clients and industry body partner organisations and will be required to account and stakeholder manage. It is also recognised that the role holder will have daily interactions with the Managing Director.
- A high degree of self awareness and evidence of a structured personal/career plan
- Methodical and thorough in approach with an understanding of own limitations
- A natural leader and self starter with a proven track record of achievement both professionally and personally
- A high degree of influencing skills
- An open, honest, professional and friendly disposition with a keen eye to detail.
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to connect effectively at all levels
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills particularly PowerPoint
- Minimum of three years of engaging, developing relationships at senior and multiple levels, from a solution sell background
- Experienced in using the telephone to set up important meetings and influence decisions
- A track record of providing solutions to business problems
- Marketing / Business Degree would be a plus
- Full clean driving licence